Any tool to check consistency of tags?

Another problem with the basic listing of files associated to a tag (but this time I didn’t move files with the file manager.

After the last problem I had (due to moving files with the file manager) I cleared all the tags (I am just at the very start of tag assignment so that was no problem); then I defined new tags and assigned them to some files and folders.
The command “Show Files With This Tag” was working fine, finding both folders and files with a given tag.
I tried again today after defining some new tags, but “Show Files With This Tag” starts the searching (the message “Searching…” appears) and nothing else happens otherwise.

Is it possible I messed up things in some other way?
Could there be still some old hidden files from the free version of TagSpaces I had initially used?

In any case, is there a tool that explores the files and, starting from the currently defined tags, lists mismatches (for example it finds files with tags that don’t exist or tags that were never assigned)?
I tried the search with the “Location”, “Folder”, and “Local” mode, but nothing happens.
Just trying to figure out why it doesn’t find the files…
Thanks for any help!
( I am on Ubuntu.)

I checked better to see if I could make the problem reproducible. While I can’t claim perfect reproducibility, I noticed that the problem seems to appear when starting from the TAG LIBRARY but not if starting from the LOCATION MANAGER.

More detailed explanation:
I start TagSpaces, select the LOCATION MANAGER to find files with some tags and then right-click on the tag of a file selecting “Show Files With This Tag”, then I get the list and everything works.
If afterwards I select the TAG LIBRARY and do the same with a tag listed there, everything works (if no file is associated to the selected tag, I get the message “No files or folder found”).
However, if first I start TagSpaces selecting the TAG LIBRARY nothing works: if I right-click on a tag selecting “Show Files With This Tag”, the message “Searching” appears and stays there (nothing happens). The same if afterwards I go to the LOCATION MANAGER and try to list the files with a certain tag.
I hope this helps.