Object Storage with SideCar Tagging Method, not returning search results

Connection = ObjectStorage_Cloudflare R2
Tagging Method = SideCar File

Search does not return results, = No file or folder found.

A different Tag Space connection, to another bucket on the same R2 endpoint with different set of files using File Rename Method works fine.

Could this be a bug, do you have any thoughts on what could be the issue?

Thanks.

FYI: This is a fantastic app that has significantly increased my work productivity. When I report these small bugs to you, I am in no way undermining your efforts to build such a wonderful app for the community. Grateful for your efforts.

Using Desktop APP

I think this same issue has been reported by another user on the github

Searching for the file names , returns results. searching for tags on object storage location using sidecar method returns “No file or folder found”.

Hi,

and thanks for the positive feedback about TagSpaces. We are grateful to receive all kind of feedback, so we can continuously improve the application.

Regarding the issue: Maybe your bucket contains too many files. In general TagSpaces is a application without a back-end. So there is no indexing service or database working in behind. The indexing is created on the fly from the desktop app. This means for locations on S3 buckets that on every new search the app, goes through all the folders and files and reads their sidecar json files and creates the index. You can configure TagSpaces to work with external index, but this requires a kind on Lambda function, which updates it on certain events or time intervals.

BTW, you are the first reporting that TagSpaces works with Cloudflare’s R2.

Greetings,
Ilian

1 Like

The bucket contains around 150 image files and the .ts folder inside it.

I will study on how to get the external indexing service implemented.

Yes. When compared to Amazon S3, getting the R2 object storage bucket to connect to TagSpaces is 100 times simpler with Cloudflare. TagSpaces also works extremely well with Cloudflare R2.

For my needs, R2’s free tier is more than adequate. Together, TagSpaces and R2 makes a good match for cloud storage and tagging.